We have a new TEMP location 1500 Center St. The old grocery store/Landoll's building
Marshall County Health Department was an idea in the minds of a group of Marshall County residents in early 1974. A number of individuals and business's circulated petitions for signatures of those interested in the organization of a local health department. Marshall and Nemaha Counties were the only counties in Kansas with no County Health Nurse at that time. The goal was the nurse, if available, would perform a number of functions for each community in the county, thus relieving the Doctors of many routine daily chores which could be performed locally by the nurse. The County Commissioners were to be meeting with interested persons in mid-April to determine the extent of the interest in the County Health Nurse Program. Petitions were presented to the Commissioners showing 1200 signatures, showing that the program was both needed and wanted by the county. The Marshall County Health Department was organized in January 1975. Mrs. Pat Schooler was the first public Health Nurse in Marshall County. The Marshall County Health Department has been housed at the following places over the last 35+ years: •Basement of the old court house •A house which sat in the southwest corner of the present court house parking lot •Basement of the Post Office •Basement of the present Court House •600 Broadway at present Everyone here at Marshall County Health Department has the deepest respect for all our past county health nurses and those who took a great interest in organizing and improving the health of the citizens of our county.